Calories can seem to sabotage our diets on a daily basis. Working out for 30 minutes can burn up to 350 calories but it just take half a cup of your favorite coffee drink to put those calories back into your body. Cutting 100 calories from your diet on a daily basis might be much easier then you thought. From blotting the grease off your favorite piece of pizza to skipping the whip cream on your favorite drink will diminish those extra calories in a jiffy! Before you know it your calories will be gone and so will your saddlebags. Dr. Pousti has put together a list of 20 ways you can cut 100 calories from your diet and look amazing for the rest of summer.
- Go for regular coffee with sugar free splenda and non-fat milk and skip the calorie packed Frappuccino.
- Instead of eating a whole bagel try splitting it with a friend and consume half the calories.
- Make your eggs with egg whites only and still get your protein without the fat and cholesterol that is found in the yolk.
- Say no to cheese on your sandwich.
- Skip out on the croutons when eating a salad.
- Eat a turkey burger instead of a regular burger.
- Order your hamburger protein style, no bread just lettuce wrapped around the meat and veggies.
- Blot the grease off your favorite pizza slice.
- Trade your favorite bowl of ice cream with tasty sorbet.
- When eating a slice of cake scrape off the frosting (it usually not that good anyways).
- Pass on the ice cream cone and eat it in a bowl.
- When craving chocolate, drink a cup of sugar free hot chocolate to cut the craving.
- Drink a single glass of wine instead of two beers.
- Sip a glass of water in between drinks, this will fill you up faster.
- Ask for salsa as side order to your nachos instead of guacamole and sour cream.
- Skip the ranch dressing with your hot wings.
- Drink sparkling water or crystal light instead of soda.
- Eat fresh fruit instead of canned fruit.
- Instead of potato chips, eat a handful of multigrain crackers or baked potato chips.
- Drink water, water, water throughout the day and this will diminish your appetite very quickly!
Dr. Pousti, a board certified plastic surgeon located in La Jolla California, makes sure that his patients are not only taken care of while in the office but while outside the office. It is his goal to see his patients live a life of well-being and health after surgery. Please visit his website to see how you can remain healthy and happy all year long, with or without surgery. Make sure to check out Dr. Pousti’s website by logging onto www.poustiplasticsurgery.com.
Or for further questions please contact Dr. Pousti’s office by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling at: 619.466.8851.