Next to oxygen, water is the element most important to our survival. You’ve probably heard all about water and how good it is for your body and appearance. But what exactly are the benefits of drinking water daily?
To list all of the benefits would take hours. Considering your body is made up of 70% water, it’s no wonder we need it to survive.
Here is a short list of some of the benefits of drinking water daily:
1. Replaces fluids lost in perspiration.
2. Helps the kidneys dissolve waste and thus prevent kidney stones and other maladies.
3. Flushes out toxins in the body.
4. Moistens the lungs.
5. Carries nutrients and oxygen to the blood and cells.
6. Paradoxically, drinking water prevents water retention.
7. Increases metabolism and helps you lose weight.
8. Improves the look and quality of your skin, helping to reverse the effects of aging.
To get the benefits of drinking water daily and avoid becoming dehydrated, you need to know how many glasses of water to drink per day. Many people assume they drink enough water, but surprisingly a large number actually live in a continuous dehydrated state without even knowing it.
Here’s a simple calculation you can do to figure out the right amount of daily water consumption: If you’re not very active, you’ll need to drink ½ an ounce for every pound of body weight. So if you weigh 150 pounds, you should drink 75 ounces. Since 8 ounces are in a cup, that translates to 9.4 cups per day. 2 cups can fit into a tall glass, so that makes nearly five tall glasses of water per day.
If you are very physically active, you should increase the rate to 2/3 an ounce for each pound.
The benefits of drinking water daily extend far and wide, but you should also be careful about the quality of the water you are drinking. Depending on where you live, you may need to purchase a water filtration system.
Click the link below to discover where you can get proven and reliable water filtration systems.