Everyone loves McDonalds Chicken Nuggets! Every time I pass by, I always feel an urge to pull in and grab some! I figured out a recipe to make them at home for basically nothing. Those nuggets can get quite expensive buying them at McDonalds! Below I’ll give you all the ingredients and the entire process to make these at home in massive quantity so you’ll never be without them!
1 Cup of all purpose flower
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. monosodium glutamate
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. onion powder
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1 egg – beaten
1 cup of water
1 pound of boned and skinned chicken breast
1) Combine the egg and water in a small bowl and set aside.
2) Combine the flower, salt, monosodium glutamate, pepper, onion powder, and garloc powder in a big platic zipper bag and also set aside.
3) Pound each of the chicken breasts with a mallet to 1/4″ thick. Then cut them into bite sized pieces.
4) Coat each chicken piece with your flour mixture by shaking them in the plastic zipper bag.
5) Remove and dredge each nugget in the egg mixture so they are covered well.
6) Return each nugget to the flour mixture and shake to coat.
7) Leave the nuggets in the bag and put them in the freezer for at least an hour.
8) Cover and refrigerate remaining egg mixture.
9) After freezing the nuggets, repeat the above coating process.
10) Deep fry the nuggets in 375 degree oil for 10-12 minutes or until browned and crisp.
11) Drain the nuggets on brown paper bags and eat!
Whew, seems like a lot of steps huh? It’s not bad at all. I just wanted to make sure the process was broken down in the easiest way possible to follow! You may not be able to dry all of the nuggets at once depending on your fryer size so maybe 8-10 at a time. This process is a lot cheaper and actually more fun then having to go to McDonalds everytime you have a chicken nugget craving!
If you’re interested in more secret recipes than you could ever imagine being able to make in your lifetime for all the popular restaurants such as Starbucks, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, TGI Fridays, KFC, Mcdonalds, and the list would go on forever, then check out my site RecipeSecrets!