Did you know that fruit can play a significant role in sexual health? If you are one of the millions of men around the world suffering from Erectile Dysfunction, you might be wondering how nutrition may affect your erections. The truth is that nutrition plays a significant role in sexual health and erectile dysfunction. And any good diet should contain an abundance of fruit. Fruit is an essential source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, and it is often a good source of fibre. Below are the top 7 fruits for optimum sexual health.
1. Bananas. Ripe bananas are a major source of the amino acid tyrosine, and as they mature and get sweeter, their tyrosine component becomes more potent. Tyrosine regulates and stimulates dopamine levels. Bananas are also one of the best sources of potassium, an essential mineral for maintaining normal blood pressure and heart function.
2. Apples. Apples are loaded with antioxidants, which help protect the cardiovascular system from oxygen-related damage. One of these antioxidants, quercitin, has also been shown to trigger dopamine production in the brain. Apples also reduce artery-clogging cholesterol.
3. Strawberries. Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin C. In fact they have more vitamin C than citrus fruit. Strawberry is also a good source of folate, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin E, vitamin A and vitamin K. They are also en excellent source of potassium and magnesium. Strawberry are an excellent source of anti-oxidants, and are also packed with flavonoids, which keep bad cholesterol from damaging artery walls.
4. Watermelon. Research has shown that this fruit may have similar effects on blood vessels to Viagra. The reason is that watermelon is unusually high in an amino acid known as citrulline, a phytonutrient that helps to relax and open up blood vessels, promoting the flow of blood to the penis. Our bodies use citrulline to make another amino acid, arginine, which is a precursor for nitric oxide, and the nitric oxide assists in blood vessel dilation.
5. Pomegranates. These fruits are rich in antioxidants that can keep bad LDL cholesterol from oxidizing. In addition, pomegranate juice, like aspirin, can help keep blood platelets from clumping together to form unwanted clots. Research has shown that long-term consumption of pomegranate juice may help combat erectile dysfunction.
6. Papaya. Papayas are rich sources of antioxidant nutrients such as carotenes, vitamin C and flavonoids; the B vitamins, folate and pantothenic acid; and the minerals, potassium and magnesium; and fiber. Together, these nutrients promote the health of the cardiovascular system. Papayas are also an excellent source of vitamin C as well as a good source of vitamin E and vitamin A, three very powerful antioxidants. These nutrients help prevent the oxidation of cholesterol. Only when cholesterol becomes oxidized is it able to stick to and build up in blood vessel walls. Papayas are also a good source of fiber, which has been shown to lower high cholesterol levels.
7. Avocados. Avocados have long been considered an aphrodisiac. The name itself comes from the Aztec word ahuacatl, meaning “testicle tree.” Avocados contain oleic acid, a monounsaturated fat that may help to lower cholesterol. Studies have shown that a diet high in avocados can lead to significant decreases in total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol, along with an increase in health promoting HDL cholesterol. Avocados are a good source of potassium, a mineral that helps regulate blood pressure, and guards against circulatory diseases such as high blood pressure, heart disease and stroke. Avocados also contain very high levels of folic acid, which assists in metabolising proteins, thus providing you more energy.
Source by Norman Freed