As you go about your healthy eating program, one thing you will want to ensure you are doing is drinking enough fluids. Staying hydrated is key to keeping your…
- energy level up,
- your hunger down, and
- your blood sugar levels stable.
If you want to make the most of your hydration, there is one way to do it: lemon water. Why is lemon water so beneficial? Let’s look at the reasons…
1. Detoxification. First, lemon water is excellent for detoxifying your body. Water on its own is ideal for flushing toxins out of your system, but the added lemon helps cleanse your digestive tract and make sure everything is functioning optimally.
It is important to remember when you become overloaded with toxins, which you are exposed to on a daily basis, everything in your body performs less than optimally. You have to deal with this toxic load, and that can be very taxing and energy draining.
Once you remove those toxins, your energy level will increase, and you will start feeling noticeably better.
2. Low-Calorie. Next, you will benefit from lemon water because it is so low in calories. Lemons contain just mere calories per whole fruit, so the juice of a few slices of lemon may amount to two or three calories at most.
Consuming calorie-containing beverages is one of the leading causes of weight gain for many people, so the more you can swap this out with calorie-free drinks, the higher your chances are of reaching your bodyweight goals.
Furthermore, the light flavor of this water will also encourage you to drink more. Thus it will be easier to get your hydration needs met.
3. Balances pH Levels. Lemons outside of the body are extremely acidic, but inside the body, it is a whole different story. When they move through the digestive tract, they become alkaline, so are great for keeping your body where it needs to be.
When you become very acidic, this can set you up for problems such as…
- a lack of appetite,
- an increased heart rate,
- lightheadedness, and
- have difficulty concentrating.
Most of us are regularly in an acidic state due to consuming so much meat, dairy, and grains.
There you have three super reasons to drink lemon water today. Try putting a few slices of lemon in a pitch of icy cold water along with some fresh mint leaves for a great tasting drink you will look forward to having.
Source by Beverleigh H Piepers