The most common question about avocado is: Is an avocado fattening? The avocado is one of the most valuable foods which nature has given man kind. Not long ago, every dietician would recommend avoiding this delicious food. But now they are taking a second look.
Actually, most of the fat in an avocado is monounsaturated – It’s the “good” kind that actually lowers cholesterol levels. Even the U.S. government recently revised its official nutrition guidelines to encourage Americans to eat more avocados.
Avocado does contain fat, but the good kind of fat. Like everything else, if you over do it – you will probably gain some weight. But if you settle for one avocado a day than the answer for “is avocado fattening” is a big NO!
Why Should You eat avocado every day?
1. It lowers cholesterol levels (it’s free of cholesterol too).Avocado is rich in beta-sitosterol, a natural substance shown to significantly lower blood cholesterol levels
2. It regulates blood pressure
3. It protects from heart disease and stroke
4. It’s a good source for vitamins, A, B-complex, C, E, H, K, and folic acid. Also it contains the minerals magnesium, copper, iron, calcium and potassium.
5. It contains 18 amino acids plus fatty acids – and omega 3 and 6.
6. It regulates your metabolism, which actually prevents weight gain.
7. Vegetarians that eat avocado regularly report softer hair, smooth skin, less joint problems, less body odor, better mental state and stronger libido!
How To Eat Avocado
The easiest way to bring avocado in your life is using it as a spread. Instead of spreading butter or cheese or mayo, take a ripe avocado and spread it on your bread instead. You’ll save many calories and saturated fat and get your daily dose of “good” fat.
Guacamole Recipe – Done in 10 MinutesIngredients• 3 avocados – peeled and mashed
• 1 lime juice
• 1 teaspoon of salt
• 1/2 cup diced onion
• 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
• 2 diced plum tomatoes
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
• 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)
In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Add the onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir in cayenne pepper. Put in the refrigerator for an hour to get all the flavor out, or serve immediately.
Next. How to find The Best Healthy Cookbook
Maybe this is new to you, but most of the cook books you have at home, even the ones that call themselves “healthy” – are not healthy at all. Most of them use ingredients and cooking methods that at best give you no nutritional value and at worst are actually dangerous to your health. These books are written by people who love food but know nothing about healthy eating and cooking.