It is important to nurture good eating habits in a toddler. Every mom wishes to ensure that the child eats healthy, nutritious and especially the home cooked food. With toddlers, it is a constant battle to feed them healthy food. Our focus should be on the nutritional value of food that we offer to our kids. Childhood is the best time to learn the healthy eating habits.
Once we introduce solid food to our toddler, our research for healthy baby food starts. Toddlers of around 2 years of age are known to be fussy eaters at times as they enjoy the freedom to eat on their own. We can easily find baby food timetable on the internet and plan the meal routine accordingly. Toddler hood is an ideal time to start teaching them about healthy eating habits. Here are few tips which will help in inculcating healthy eating habits in your toddler:
• Offer a variety of food and let them eat on their own: Offer your toddler variety of healthy food and please don’t be disheartened if you don’t find them enjoying it. Eating on their own might create a mess for you to clear but it will help them in the long run. Introduce new foods to toddlers gradually.
• They observe and learn: Kids are amazing observers which is why we should be role models to them. Eat healthy snacks and meals with your child whenever possible. Your actions make a huge impact on how and what they eat.
• Involve your kids in food shopping or preparing meals: Try engaging them in food shopping or preparing a meal. This will increase their interest towards food and on the other hand, you will also get to know about their food preferences. Preparing baby food timetable can be a really fun experience for both of you.
• Be persistent, not insistent: The key here is to never force a child to eat. Set a routine and meal plan. Be consistent with your routine and let the toddler understand that when the clock ticks the certain time it is time to eat.
• Breakfast is important: It is one of the most important meals of the day and should never be skipped be it for kids or adult. Offer kids different breakfast option every day and let them eat on their own
• Make healthy meals and snacks: Being a parent it is our responsibility to offer the kids with healthy meals and snacks option which will eventually help them in adopting healthy habits. Do not get worried if toddlers do not finish their meal, as long as their diet is balanced and they enjoy eating, they will be fine.
Toddlers are all about independence and curiosity so keep offering them a variety of food and let them choose. Parents should avoid using food as a reward or punishment because this can lead to an unhealthy relationship with food. Kids learn from you, so be a role model and they will follow you.