Your outward appearance has quite a bit to do with just about every area of your life. In fact a person will decide if they like you in less than 30 seconds. So they end up using things like your clothes, speech, skin, hair and other subtle things to make this prejudgment. Unfortunately this is all the time that we have in many of the opportunities that come to us, whether they are financial or relationship opportunities. So your skin plays a major role in this process and it is one of the things that we have the least control over, or so you think. There are 10 things you can do to drastically enhance the appearance of your skin and give it the look of a 10 month old baby or at least better than what it currently is.
10. Wholesome, nutrient-rich diet. We’ll start with the “duh” stuff first. Eat healthy foods, avoid candy and high in saturated fat products as well as yeast products. Skip the simple carbs and grab the whole wheat stuff instead. Avoiding tobacco and alcohol is very important. If you smoke you might as well skip the rest of the stuff mentioned here. It is the number one worst thing you can do for your skin. This of course includes avoiding drugs as well.
9. The phrase “beauty sleep” is actually 100% true. You need 8 hours of sleep each and EVERY night, no exceptions. Not much more to say here, just skip that late night tv show and get your sleep.
8. Drinking plenty of water. Almost all of the methods mentioned here are intended to create a more moisturized skin. This is obviously difficult to do if you’re not getting enough water. The medical community recommends that women should drink 9 glasses of water per day, and men should drink 13 glasses of water each day. We say that the minimum is 8 glasses of some kind of liquid every day.
7. Minimize stress. This is one of those that’s easier said than done. However when you know that in the next few days you have an important engagement, then try to avoid stressful situations such as slow down when you drive; wait to call your bank about the overdraft until after the engagement; try to resolve the argument you have with your significant other in a stress free way, etc. You can also do things to reduce that stress such as massages, aroma therapeutic teas and baths and I’m sure you have your own ways.
6. Sunscreen. This one is so easy to do and yet so many people don’t do it. Sun rays or ultraviolet (UV) rays utterly destroy your skin so carry that sunscreen with you everywhere you go; not just to the beach. Pretty much anytime that you’ll be outside for more than 30 minutes, that includes hiking, camping, fishing, etc, etc put that sunscreen on.
5. Lotion, Lotion, Lotion. Bath Lotion; use it right after the bath. Milk Bath Lotion; this one goes in the bath. Body Lotion; this one is for your body whenever your skin feels bit dry. Hand Lotion; same as body lotion except this is specifically for the hands. Look for lotions that have AHA in them as this is a wonderful restorative agent, especially if you have sun damaged skin.
4. SK-II. This little known product, that we have zero affiliation with, is impressive with its ability to restore youthful skin. Oddly enough it uses the same ingredients that are used to make the Japanese alcoholic drink, sake. Try it out for yourself and you may find, as we did, a new favorite among skin lotions.
3. HGH. For those of you in your 30’s and older, one of the most beneficial things that you can do to improve your skin quality is an HGH supplement. Human growth hormones are naturally produced by your body and for some unknown reason your body creates less and less of these hormones as you get older. There is a significant amount of research done on HGH and most, if not all, results show that HGH therapy restored many of the functions that we had when we were young. We have yet to see someone who has taken HGH and has not seen an impressive difference in their skin quality. We also recommend that if you choose to take HGH that rather than using invasive products like shots, that you use a carefully researched all natural method, such as pills or sprays to restore HGH production.
2. Crazy mixtures. There are many of these that you can find. Some of the best ones include 1) Mix oats with honey, yogurt, and ground almonds then apply to skin for 20 minutes daily. 2) Mix a slice of pumpkin with egg yolk and milk then apply to skin for 20 minutes. 3) Mix milk and honey then apply to skin for 20 minutes. There are many recipes out there and they all claim that their method is the best. We like the results we get with these three. This is an experimental one where you should try all three or more (as you find more), and see which gives you the best results.
1. Crazy herbs. We believe that herbs are the number one best thing you can do to make your skin look absolutely amazing. Mix these herbal substances with either milk or honey and apply them for 20 minutes every day. Do not mix all of them together at first. In the beginning try one and see how your skin reacts to it. The next day try another. The 3rd day try mixing it with the one before. On the 4th day try a third herb. The 5th try mixing all of those; and so on until you get that mixture that yields that amazing skin that you’ve always wanted. In our opinion the best skin herbs are Turmeric, Tea Tree Oil, Sandal Wood, Neem, Rose Oil (or Rose Water), Basil, Saffron, Coconut Oil, Mint, and Betle Leaf.
Now that you know what you can do to drastically improve your skin appearance, do it and instead of dreading going in for that interview, business opportunity or on that date, start being excited about it.